Clinical Supervisor & Licensed Psychotherapist
Well Clinic is seeking a licensed psychotherapist (MFT, LCSW, or Psychologist) to conduct therapy with individuals, couples and families in a holistic and multidisciplinary setting and provide clinical supervision to 2-3 associates of MFT, PCC and Social Work.
The position is a full-time position, and Well Clinic is seeking an applicant who enjoys and is enriched by a community of caregivers working together to support the health of clients and each other. Group consultation and other community-building activities are offered to create cohesion and enhance clinical skills. There is a culture of ongoing training and development that supports clinicians work and maintains a high standard of care for our clients.
The position requires a minimum of two evening shifts (4pm-9pm). Please refrain from applying if these hours are not compatible with your needs at this time.
Licensed Therapist Job Requirements (80% of position):
- Provide psychotherapy for couples, individuals and families.
- Use clinic Electronic Health Record system for client record keeping, billing and scheduling
- Maintain CA license in good standing
- Comply with legal and ethical standards as set forth by the state of California
- Be available on Friday mornings for consultation group
- Be available evenings for client sessions
- Exhibit cultural competence in diversity of race, culture, age, spirituality, gender, sexual orientation and socio-economic background
- Ability to get along with colleagues
Supervision Responsibilities/Requirements Include (20% of position):
- Candidates have been licensed for 2 years in California and are currently in good standing with the BBS or BOP
- Candidates have completed the CEU hours needed to be a supervisor as specified by their licensing board. Candidates will continue to keep this up to date during their time as a supervisor at Well Clinic.
- Provide individual and/or group supervision to 2-3 associates and/or psychological assistants on ongoing basis.
- As part of the clinical supervision team, comply with policies and procedures for clinical operations, including being a part of the team effort in monitoring all associates’ and/or psychological assistants’ work with quarterly evaluations, and determining personnel actions.
- Participate in new clinician applicant interviews and hiring decisions.
- Completing and maintaining paperwork associated with supervision of associates (this includes supervisor responsibility statements, signing hours, weekly documentation of supervision and any other documents required by the BBS or BOP)
- Holding the role of both the clinical supervisor and operations supervisor in collaboration with HR Director
- Clinical Supervisor: Monitoring and evaluating the extent, kind, and quality of counseling performed by the intern.
- Operations Supervisor in collaboration with HR Director:
- Approving and ensuring compliance with scheduling issues (days worked, time off, etc.)
- Monitoring interns compliance with Well Clinic policy/procedures
- Participating in disciplinary actions when necessary
- Having a clear understanding of associate policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook
- Be willing to participate in community events i.e. yearly staff retreat, community salons
- Enthusiasm for the integrative health model and a desire to learn from practitioners of different disciplines
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive hourly rate
- 5% pay differential for bilingual staff
- Biweekly consultation group
- Paid Time Off
- Health benefits
- 401k Plan
- Life Insurance
- Collaborative workplace & fun perks (e.g., community events)
Well Clinic is an equal opportunity employer
We are committed to embracing diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other legally protected class. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to our HR Director, Eric Mill – [email protected]. Please address the following topics in your letter:
- How do you incorporate a holistic approach into your work in psychotherapy?
- What research, theory or modality currently inspires and informs your practice?
- What direction are you looking to grow clinically in the next few years?
- Discuss examples of both a good and a challenging fit in working with supervisees in the past.
Eric Mill, HR Director