Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Well Clinic is currently recruiting a part time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to provide medication management services and some psychotherapy to our client population in collaboration with the medical and psychotherapist team.
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will work in direct patient care at the clinic, providing outpatient psychiatric evaluations, medication management, and psychoeducation to a population of mostly working professionals with primarily mood/anxiety disorders and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will have the opportunity to collaborate with a medical team consisting of an additional Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatrist, and integrative medicine physician. He or she will also have the opportunity to participate in a twice-monthly consultation group with psychotherapists of diverse orientations.
A successful candidate has strong clinical skills, comfort managing his or her own caseload and working independently, a warm and therapeutic manner, a desire to work collaboratively with psychotherapists, and an interest in diverse approaches to mental health treatment.
Education & Experience
- The candidate must possess a CA Registered Nurse License, Nurse Practitioner Furnishing License, and have successfully completed a Nurse Practitioner program that conforms to the standards of CA Board of Registered Nursing resulting in certification through the CA Board of Registered Nursing as a Nurse Practitioner
- Experience with outpatient treatment of adults with psychiatric disorders preferred
- Skilled in conducting mental health counseling/health education sessions
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of psychotropic medications, ability to create and follow medication protocols
- Experience in mental health triage and crisis intervention
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of DSM-V diagnoses and implementation of appropriate treatment options
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of legal aspects of psychiatric care and commitment procedures, e.g., reporting requirements for 5150’s, Tarasoff, Elder & Child Abuse, etc.
- Demonstrated ability in the assessment of mental health patients
- Ability to function independently and professionally within a supportive practice environment
- Experience in a private practice setting preferred
- Ability to get along with colleagues
- Be willing to participate in community events i.e. yearly staff retreat, community salons
- Enthusiasm for the integrative health model and a desire to learn from practitioners of different disciplines
Well Clinic is an equal opportunity employer
We are committed to embracing diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other legally protected class. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to our Hiring Department, and be sure to outline your interest in the position. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Eric Mill, HR Director