Well Clinic is currently recruiting a part time Psychiatrist to provide medication management services and some psychotherapy to our client population, in collaboration with the medical and psychotherapist team.
The Psychiatrist will work in direct patient care at the clinic, providing outpatient psychiatric evaluations, medication management and psychoeducation to a population of mostly working professionals with primarily mood/anxiety disorders and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
The Psychiatrist will have the opportunity to collaborate with a medical team consisting of another Psychiatrist, a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner and an Integrative Medicine Physician. He or she will also have the opportunity to participate in a twice-monthly consultation group with psychotherapists of diverse orientations.
A successful candidate has strong clinical skills, comfort managing his or her own caseload and working independently, a warm and therapeutic manner, a desire to work collaboratively with psychotherapists and an interest in diverse approaches to mental health treatment.
Education & Experience
- The candidate must be board certified as a Psychiatrist in CA and be in good standing
- Experience with outpatient treatment of adults with psychiatric disorders preferred
- Skilled in conducting mental health counseling/health education sessions
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of psychotropic medications, ability to create and follow medication protocols
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of DSM-V diagnoses and implementation of appropriate treatment options
- Demonstrates working knowledge of legal aspects of psychiatric care and commitment procedures, e.g., reporting requirements for 5150’s, Tarasoff, Elder & Child Abuse, etc.
- Demonstrated ability in the assessment of mental health patients
- Ability to function independently and professionally within a supportive practice environment
- Experience in a private practice setting preferred
- Ability to get along with colleagues
Well Clinic is an equal opportunity employer
We are committed to embracing diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other legally protected class. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to our Hiring Department, and be sure to outline your interest in the position. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Eric Mill, HR Director