CAREERS AT WELL CLINIC
Join Our Team
Founded in 2011, Well Clinic is an integrative mental health clinic located in San Francisco, offering therapy and psychiatry to individuals, couples, and families.
Our mission is to remove the barriers to mental health services by finding the right therapeutic fit and schedule through our matching process. We provide business and training supports to our clinicians so they can do their best work in a community of colleagues.
Well Clinic offers a private practice position with a training component for licensed clinicians who have previously worked in agencies or schools and are looking to move their careers in a new direction. We recognize that a distinct skill set is required to be successful in this setting and that training and practice are necessary to make this transition. Your work will be supported by the management team and regular consultation with the Clinical Director in order to obtain the necessary skills to thrive in a private practice environment. Clinicians who are underrepresented in the psychotherapy field are especially encouraged to apply.
The clinician must enjoy and be enriched by a community of caregivers working together to support the health of clients and each other. Group consultation and other community-building activities are offered to create cohesion and enhance clinical skills. There is a culture of ongoing training and development that supports clinicians work and maintains a high standard of care for our clients.
Due to the increasing demand for telehealth, applicants from outside the Bay Area are encouraged to apply. Applicants must have a CA license and may live outside the Bay Area. This position can continue to provide psychotherapy via telehealth once Well Clinic goes back to seeing clients in person. There is no requirement for this position to see clients in our San Francisco based offices.
The position requires a minimum of two shifts that see clients in the evening (4pm-9pm). Please refrain from applying if these hours are not compatible with your needs at this time.
- Provide psychotherapy for couples, individuals and families.
- Use clinic Electronic Health Record system for client record keeping, billing and scheduling
- Maintain CA license in good standing
- Comply with legal and ethical standards as set forth by the state of California
- Be available on Friday mornings for consultation group
- Be available evenings for client sessions
- Exhibit cultural competence in diversity of race, culture, age, spirituality, gender, sexual orientation, and socio-economic background
- Ability to get along with colleagues
- Be willing to participate in community events i.e. yearly staff retreat, community salons
- Enthusiasm for the integrative health model and a desire to learn from practitioners of different disciplines
- Telehealth – while there is no requirement to see clients in our San Francisco offices, the ideal candidate will have a hybrid schedule: seeing clients both in-person and via telehealth
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive hourly rate
- 5% pay differential for bilingual staff
- Biweekly consultation group
- Paid Time Off
- Health benefits
- 401k plan
- Life insurance
- Collaborative workplace & fun perks (e.g., community events)
Well Clinic is an equal opportunity employer
We are committed to embracing diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other legally protected class. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and cover letter to Eric Mill — [email protected] and be sure to outline your interest in the position. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- How do you incorporate a holistic approach into your work in psychotherapy?
- What research, theory or modality currently inspires and informs your practice?
- What direction are you looking to grow clinically in the next few years?
Contact: Eric Mill